Business cases and marketing

Can you give examples of products and cases that can be used on top of enigma?

What is the hardest problem for making enigma a success?

What plans do you have for marketing and improving community?

3 Likes

Niels, definitely check out the blog for articles about potential products/business cases: https://blog.enigma.co/solutions/home

There have been many written about already.

Please discuss the current state of partnerships and developers.

Hi @Niels thanks for your question!

Can you give examples of products and cases that can be used on top of enigma?

Yes, as @Brendan mentioned the solutions series is a great place to check this out.
A few quick examples organized by vertical:

Gaming:

• any game requiring secret state such as poker
  • any game that could benefit by removing the commit-reveal process (games like RPS where user 1 is required to return the the game and reveal their answer, or any game that relies on a commit-reveal Random number generator, which includes quite a few genres.)

Identity:

• using your social data to prove your identity, without sharing that raw data with any 3rd parties. This type of application could provide privacy-preserving NFT tokens that facilitate sybil resistance, an important concern for applications across many verticals (governance, gaming, curation, DeFi)

The solutions series has more verticals, but these are the domains I’m personally most excited about :).

What is the hardest problem for making enigma a success?

I believe this is crypto adoption in general-- which is also a chicken/egg problem. I believe private computation like Enigma provides will be a prerequisite of a web3 that competes with existing infrastructure. I also think Enigma can truly transform how we treat data and privacy if we have wide adoption of crypto.

What plans do you have for marketing and improving community?

This is more @tor’s dominion than mine, but I can say one of my major priorities is ensuring that the developer experience of working with Enigma is as good as we can make it. We’ve already started a developer beta interest group, which we’ll use to test our assumptions around usability and iteratively improve our documentation and dev resources.

We have had code collaboration with Aragon and Ocean (around secret voting) and Eximchain (credit scoring models). A community member built a Rock Paper Scissors game and there’s a lot more interesting conversations we are pursuing.