Thank you for your work. I am a developer and would love to build a production app on top of Enigma. I am currently in a proof-of-concept stage. It would be a great help to me, and other interested developers, to have access to an up-to-date roadmap for your efforts. This will help us to gauge your direction and progress so we can see if we can rely upon Enigma for our applications.
Here are four examples of why this is important:
- I have requested more complete documentation on the Engima rust crates, and there was general agreement that that was a good idea. My request was made several weeks ago and there is no update on this.
- I have attempted to build proof-of-concept apps on top of other smart and secret contract platforms, only to have the organization suddenly abandon their community engagement and support to focus on a few private contracts. I want to make sure I don’t make that mistake again.
- I was first interested in the SMC aspect of Enigma. I have read posts here why it was prudent to focus on TEE implementations first, which seemed reasonable to me. But I would appreciate a sense of if and when Enigma will implement true SMC, and the intermediate steps towards that goal.
Here are at least two ways such transparency could be provided:
- I understand you have a private JIRA board. Perhaps you can separate your JIRA board into a private board and public board. The public board would have tickets related to the core platform and community issues. The private board could be for your own applications on top of Enigma and other directly for-profit issues.
- If that is not possible, perhaps one of your staff can prepare a reliable, bi-weekly public summary of your JIRA board and medium- and long-term roadmap. That would help us to see where you are, where you are going, and how quickly you are moving there.
Thank you for considering this request. I look forward to your response.