Today we launched Enigma Blockchain’s Testnet, with nodes running the latest pre-release
v0.1.0 with a smart contracts module baked in.
Just smart contracts, no SGX for now.
For smart contracts we actually worked with CosmWasm to embed their library (v0.7.0) into Enigma Blockchain’s
We call it
We also launched a Testnet Faucet so everyone can go and send themselves tokens to play with.
Keep in mind the number of available tokens is limited! Please don’t abuse this service.
So how do you join the testnet?
It’s essentialy the same process as one would join the mainnet, but we created a doc to refresh your memory and save you the hassle
NOTE: You DO NOT want to use the v0.1.0 on an existing mainnet validator node. It will not work.
NOTE 2: We recommend you to first remove older
enigmachain installations to prevent collisions.
NOTE 3: Before removing, changing or doing anything with the old
enigmacli installations - make sure to back up your keys and recovery seeds!
- For detailed instructions, check this page: https://github.com/enigmampc/EnigmaBlockchain/blob/master/docs/testnet/testnet-docs.md
- For the experienced user, here are some key details to get you started right away:
- Bootstrap node:
- URL: bootstrap.testnet.enigma.co
- Node ID:
- Chain ID: enigma-testnet
- RPC endpoint: bootstrap.testnet.enigma.co:26657
- REST API endpoint: bootstrap.testnet.enigma.co:80
- File: Here
- Bootstrap node:
- If you are new to Cosmos SDK and Enigma Blockchain, you should check out our docs for additional tips, configurations etc. (for example, how to run a validator node)
- Existing documentation was written with mainnet in mind, but still relevant to testnet as well with slight modifications.
- Smart Contracts docs will be posted soon, in the meantime you should check out CosmWasm’s docs for info about writing and deploying smart contracts.
- This release supports currently only Debian/Ubuntu systems. More distribution will be available in the future.
Possible future developments
- Testnet explorer.
- Ability for Mainnet and Testnet clients to be installed simultaneously.
enigmaclibuilds for Windows/Mac